Artscape 2023: Literary Arts and Artist Prints Fair Application
Artscape – America's largest free arts festival – returns September 22-24, 2023.
Artscape is back! The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts is excited to announce the return of Artscape for its 38th year, after a three-year hiatus! The beloved Baltimore arts festival is where art lovers, families, and tourists come together to celebrate art, culture, and performance! Artscape is proud to showcase artists and makers, live concerts, visual arts experiences, performing arts, fashion designers, kid-focused activities, film, experimental music, improv and comedy, literary arts programming and culinary delights. We encourage artists and festival goers to embrace Artscape for what it is – a fully accessible, 100% FREE, world-class arts festival – right here in the heart of Baltimore City. Everyone’s invited to Artscape, let's celebrate the arts in Baltimore together!
Artscape is AMERICA’S LARGEST FREE outdoor arts festival, rocking the cultural heart of Baltimore since 1982. The festival was designed as an Arts Fair that marketed Baltimore as a cultural hub, generated local community support for the arts, and stimulated economic development and investment in the Mt. Vernon/Bolton Hill neighborhood. In 2019 (the last time Artscape was held), Artscape featured more than 200 artist performers and over 100 visual artists and artisans.
ARTSCAPE HOURS OF OPERATION *Artscape takes place rain or shine*
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
5PM - 10PM FESTIVAL OPERATIONS
9PM - 11PM ARTSCAPE AFTER HOURS
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
11AM - 5PM MAIN STAGE HOURS
11AM - 10PM FESTIVAL OPERATIONS
9PM - 11PM ARTSCAPE AFTER HOURS
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
11AM-5PM FESTIVAL OPERATIONS
ABOUT LITERARY ARTS AND ARTIST PRINTS FAIR PROGRAMMING
The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts invites artists, authors and artist collectives who create books, prints, multiples and other editions to participate in the Literary Arts and Artist Prints fair within the 38th annual Artscape. Applicants will have the opportunity to exhibit and sell their works.
Exhibitors will each be given a table (with two chairs) and approximately 6 to 8 feet of gallery wall space to sell their works; exhibitors may elect to purchase additional tables if space allows.
There are no geographic or age restrictions for this application, however Baltimore-based artists will be prioritized.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & LOGISTIC DETAILS
- There are no geographic restrictions to participation.
- Artists and artist collectives are encouraged to use their presence at Artscape as a promotional tool for themselves.
- There is electrical access for exhibitors.
- Exhibitors should be completely self-contained, and come prepared with all necessary tools and hardware to hang and install their space.
- One six foot table and two chairs will be provided to all exhibitors, additional tables will be available in limited quantities depending upon the number of exhibitors. Artists will not be allowed to bring their own tables, but may bring up to two pedestals for exhibition of sculptural editions.
- All tables are required to be covered, artists should bring a table covering with them.
- All featured works should be the exhibiting artist or artist collective’s own originally conceived work.
- Accepted exhibitors are responsible for installation, staffing, and de-installation within the exhibition timeline.
- Exhibitors may bring their vehicle onto site to unload artworks but should be removed as soon as unloading is complete. Vehicles will not be allowed onsite during festival open hours. Parking is available in area garages. Exhibitors are strongly encouraged to utilize public transportation whenever possible.
- Exhibitors must keep their space open all hours of the festival weekend, rain or shine.
- Artscape does not collect a commission on any sales made by participating artists or artist collectives.
- Exhibitors may not re-sell, share with an unaccepted exhibitor or sub-let any portion of their space.
- Artworks submitted for review for inclusion in the fair must be similar to the works that the artist or artist collective will be bringing to the fair.
- Any violation of these stipulations by exhibitors will result in expulsion from the festival, and a refund will not be given.
- By submitting an application, you agree to and accept all festival terms and conditions. The deadline for submissions is June 30th 2023.
- Submitting an application does not automatically imply acceptance.
How to Apply
PLEASE SEE APPLICATION BELOW TIMELINE.
Application Materials to Prepare
1. Applicants should include 5 - 10 jpeg images of works that are similar to the works that they will be showcased. Please label files by artist or artist collective group name, followed by the number that corresponds on your image/video list (for example: AdamsGary01.jpg, AdamsGary02.jpg, etc). Images should be no larger than approximately 3MB to 5MB each in size.
2. Corresponding image list that includes title, date, medium, dimensions and price of artwork.
3. Gallery or artist collective resume (.doc or .pdf format)
COSTS TO PARTICIPATE AS AN EXHIBITOR
- There is no fee to apply. There is a $50 fee once accepted.
- Applicants curated into the program will have the following costs for participation:
- Six or Eight Foot Table & Two Chairs: $50.00 (each exhibitor will also be given six to eight feet of wall space to hang works)
- Additional Table: $50.00
- Additional Chairs: Free
Application Deadline: June 30th 2023
Applicant Notification: July 14th 2023
Acceptance of Invitation Deadline: July 21st 2023
Table Fee Deadline: July 28th 2023
Submission of online application shall constitute agreement with all conditions in this application.
Questions? Contact Jackie Downs, Senior Director, Arts Council and Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 410.752.8632
ZOOM INFORMATION SESSION
- When: May 24, 2023 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for this meeting below